Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dark Gold

Dark Gold by Christine Feehan

Alexandria Houton will sacrifice anything--even her life --to protect her orphaned little brother. But when both encounter an unspeakable evil in the swirling San Francisco mists, Alex can only cry to heaven for their deliverance . . . And out of the darkness swoops Aidan Savage, a golden being more powerful, more mysterious, than any other creature of the night. The ageless Carpathian male snatches them from a hideous fate. But is Aidan Alex's salvation . . . or her sin? If she surrenders to Aidan's savage, unearthly seduction, and gives him the color, the light, the family he craves, will Alex truly save her brother? Or sacrifice more than her life?
--Dark Gold by Christine Feehan, Copyright © 2007


My Summary

My least favorite of the Carpathian series, if this had been my first Christine Feehan read, I might not have read any of the others in her series. Good thing it wasn't my first because several others that came after this one I consider my favorite stories of all time.

I was put off by Alexandria's constant whining and Aiden's constant assertion that he knew best and that she should just be quiet and do as he says. Granted, she didn't ask to be made Carpathian and he didn't ask to have an independent woman as a lifemate, but for Pete's sake, people, bend a little, will ya?

As in all stories, there's a happy ending, so that's nice, and we never hear from them again until the Christmas Reunion--also nice. Their relationship has stabilized by that point so they don't get on my nerves (much).

I had planned on listening to Dark Magic next, but I still remember the main points of the storyline, so I'm going to skip it.

Please, please, hold back your applause, you're scaring the cats.


I give this story TWO STARS.


No comments: