Friday, August 3, 2012

Where Angels Fear to Tread by Thomas E. Sniegoski
The Remy Chandler Chronicles, #3

Six year-old Zoe York has been taken and her mother has come to Remy for help. She shows him crude, childlike drawings that she claims are Zoe's visions of the future, everything leading up to her abduction, and some beyond. Like the picture of a man with wings who would come and save her-a man who is an angel.

Zoe's preternatural gifts have made her a target for those who wish to exploit her power to their own destructive ends. The search will take Remy to dark places he would rather avoid. But to save an innocent, Remy will ally himself with a variety of lesser evils-and his soul may pay the price...
-- Where Angels Fear to Tread
by Thomas E. Sniegoski
Copyright © 2010 by Thomas E. Sniegoski

My Review

I saw this novel as a kind of place-holder between Dancing on the Head of a Pin and A Hundred Words for Hate. While interesting, it wasn’t as compelling as the previous two novels. For me, this was due to the fact that Francis, Remy’s fallen-angel friend, was not in this story. Granted, his return from Tartarus is a story in itself, which should be covered in A Hundred Words for Hate, but with him missing, and Remy’s cop friend Steve barely getting a mention in this tale, I felt like my anchor was not in firm ground. I did like, however, Remy’s dream-like interactions with his late wife Madeline. She’s his anchor, and for him to be able to visit with her and get advice from her made me want to cheer for Remy.

I give this story THREE STARS.

No comments: